Excluding SQL Databases from Backups
You can exclude specific databases from the backup operations when you back up the entire SQL Server. To exclude these databases during backup operations, you must add them to the Do Not Backup subclient. After the databases are added to the Do Not Backup subclient, they are not included in the subsequent backup operations.
- From the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers > client > SQL Server > instance.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Content tab, click Configure.
The Database Configuration dialog box appears.
- Complete the following steps to add the databases to the Do Not Backup subclient:
- In the Database Name column, select a database that you want to add.
- In the Subclient Name column, select Do Not Backup.
Repeat these steps for all the databases that you want to assign to the subclient.
- Click OK.
- To close the Subclient Properties dialog box, click OK.
Last modified: 2/4/2020 5:45:11 PM