Enabling ACLs during a Backup Operation
You can enable browse or search based on end-user access control.
Before You Begin
- To view the user data, verify that the end user access permission is configured on the client computer.
For instructions to configure permissions on the client computer, see Configuring the Web Console.
Assign the users access permission to help maintain multiple user profiles on the same SharePoint Server. This ensures that each user has the ability to access only the data for which the user has access permission.
- By default, you can access data backed up by the defaultBackupSet on the Web Console. To browse user data backed up only by the default subclient on the Web Console, you must disable browse for non-default subclients.
For instructions to disable browse for non-default subclients, see Disabling Data Browse from Non-Default Subclients.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > SharePoint Server > Documents.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Advanced Options tab, select Catalog ACL (end user access control list).
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
Run a full backup on the subclient to include the ACLs in the backup data.
Note: If you run a differential or an incremental backup, only the newer data will include the ACLs.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 7:59:52 PM