Backing Up SharePoint Documents
This procedure describes the general steps for running a backup operation.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > SharePoint Server > Documents.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options for Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the Select Backup Type pane, choose the backup type:
- To run a full backup, select Full.
- To run an incremental backup, select Incremental, and then select Backup Latest Version.
- To run a differential backup, select Differential, and then select Backup Latest Version.
- To run a synthetic full backup, select Synthetic Full.
- In the Job Initiation section, choose whether to run the backup job immediately or on a schedule.
- Optional: To further customize the backup operation, click Advanced.
- Optional: To run your backup operations from a command line interface, click Save as Script.
For more information, see Command Line Interface.
- Click OK.
If you selected to run the backup job immediately, you can monitor the progress of the backup job in the Job Controller window. For more information, see Job Controller.
After the backup job is complete, you can view the backup job history. For more information, see Job History.
Tip: After running the first full document backup, run incremental and synthetic full as subsequent backup jobs. Following are the advantages of running incremental and synthetic full as subsequent backup jobs:
- Synthetic full backup job will finish faster than a traditional full backup job.
- Incremental backup type will only need to secure modified and new files. When running the synthetic full backup, the last full (or synthetic full) will be combined with the incremental backup jobs to create a new full backup.
- Recommended backup strategy for SharePoint Storage Manager.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 7:48:03 PM