Configuration - Documentum iDataAgent (Oracle)
The Documentum iDataAgent uses two components to facilitate backups:
- An Instance, which defines the Documentum Repository to be backed up. As soon as you install the agent, you need to manually create an instance using the procedure outlined in Create an Instance before you run the first backup operation.
- A Default Subclient, which is automatically created after configuring an Instance and contains all the objects of the instance, such as:
- Oracle database files, which include data files (*.dbf), control files (*.ctl), archived logs, parameter files (SP Files)
- Storage Areas
- Full-text Indexes (optional)
Before running backups, ensure that the Storage Policy is configured on the subclient and for Full-Text Indexes, if available, Quiesce/Unquiesce scripts are provided. Use the procedure outlined in Configure a Subclient to edit the contents of the default subclient or create a new one. See the Advanced configuration for a list of possible reasons to create subclients.
Note: Prior to configuring the Documentum Agent, if the Oracle database is installed on a separate client from that of the Documentum Agent, the Oracle Agent must be installed on that client computer.
Create an Instance
This section describes how to create an instance for the Documentum iDataAgent in order to perform backup and recovery operations.
- From the CommCell Browser, locate the correct client computer node.
- Right-click the agent node for which you want the new instance created, click All Tasks, and then click Create New Instance.
- Add the following information in the General tab:
- Enter the name (up to 32 characters) for the instance in Docbase Name.
- Click Change in User Account box and specify the Documentum Install Owner User Name and Password.
- Type the Repository installation path in the DOCUMENTUM Path box or use Browse to locate the path.
- Type the Repository shared path in the DOCUMENTUM_SHARED Path box or use Browse to locate the path.
- Click Discover. The Docbase name and User Name and Password will be validated. If successful, the instance is created and the Docbase Version and Docbase ID are automatically populated.
- Click the Database tab and add the following information:
- From the Client list, select the client computer on which the Oracle database resides.
- Type the Oracle instance name in Instance ORACLE(SID) box.
- Click Change to specify the Oracle User account used by the system to perform all Data Protection and Recovery operations for this instance. Click OK.
Refer to Oracle User Account Privileges to review the permissions required for the user account.
- Type the installation home path in the Oracle Home box or click Browse to locate the path.
- Type the target database connect string in the Connect String box.
- Click Use Catalog Connect if you want to establish a connection between the target database and the Recovery Catalog database using the specified connect string.
- From the Ctrl File Autobackup list, specify if you want to disable or enable the auto-backup of the control file.
- Type the Block Size or use the spin buttons to specify the block size for backup and restore operations.
- Click the Storage Area and FTI tab and add the following information:
- In Storage Area Details, select a file store that was discovered and click Edit. In the Edit Operation dialog box, select the Client name from the list.
- If a Full-text Index component is present, in FTI Details, select the full-text index name that was discovered and click Edit. In the Edit Operation dialog box, select the Client name from the list and type the FTI Path.
- Click the Encryption tab to select the data encryption options for the selected content.
This setting applies only to third-party Command Line operations.
By default None is selected.
- Click Media Only (MediaAgent Side) to transmit backup data without encryption and then encrypt prior to storage. During restore data is decrypted by the client.
- Click Network and Media (Agent Side) to encrypt data before transmission and data is stored encrypted on the media. During restore data is decrypted by the client.
- Click Network Only (Agent Encrypts, MediaAgent Decrypts) to encrypt data during transmission and then decrypted prior to storage on the media. During restore data is encrypted by the MediaAgent and then decrypted by the client.
Click OK to save the instance.
Configure a Subclient
The following procedure describes the steps involved in configuring a subclient. This procedure may be used to configure the default subclient, as well as to create any additional subclients. Refer to Create User-Defined Subclients for more information.
- Navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Documentum | <Instance>.
- Right-click the default subclient and click Properties.
- From the Full Text Index tab, you can:
- Exclude backing up the FTI for this subclient by deselecting Backup FTI.
- Select a FTI and click Edit to change the client computer or the path in which it resides.
- If applicable, click Add to add a new FTI.
- Change the name or path of the Quiesce or Unquiesce script.
- For the Windows client, click Change and select Impersonate User to enter the login credentials. Click OK. This option is not present for the UNIX clients.
- From the Database tab, you can:
- Exclude backing up the database for this subclient by deselecting Backup DB.
- Change the state in which the database will be backed up (Offline or Online).
- Include or exclude backing up Archive Logs or Deleted Logs.
- Include or exclude backing up Control Files or Server Parameter (SP) files.
- Specify Pre or Post Backup Process (if applicable).
- From the Storage Area tab, you can:
- Exclude backing up the Storage Area for this subclient by deselecting Backup SA.
- Select an SA and click Edit to change the client computer in which it resides.
- If applicable, click Add to add a new SA.
- Specify scripts for Pre Backup Process and Post Backup Process.
- From the Storage Device tab, click the Data Storage Policy tab and specify a storage policy for the subclient.
- From the Storage Device tab, click the Streams tab and specify streams for Database, Logs, and Storage Area.
- Click OK to save the subclient.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 7:55:09 PM