Cloning a File System Replication
You can clone an existing replication to quickly create a new replication with a different destination filer.
- Open a web browser and log in to the Web Console. See Accessing the Web Console.
- Click Storage Replication.
A list of replication jobs in progress is displayed.
- Clone an existing replication:
- In the Clone column of the replication that you want to clone, click .
- In the Replication Name box, type a name for the replication.
You cannot use the existing replication name.
- Optional: In the Description box, enter a description for the replication.
- In the Path box, type the source and destination filer location.
You cannot use the existing destination filer.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type the user name and password for the source filer and the destination filer.
- In the MediaAgent box, select the source and destination MediaAgents.
- Optional: To fork the replication to another destination MediaAgent and filer, select the Fork this replication with check box, and select the replication. For more information on forking a replication, see File System Replication Using DASH Copy - Forking.
- In the Storage Policy list, select the storage policy associated to the source MediaAgent.
Only the storage policies with secondary copy that have DASH copy enabled with Disk Optimized Copy option are displayed.
- Optional: To use an existing primary copy associated with the storage policy, select the Use Primary Copy check box.
When you a select a primary copy associated with the source storage policy, the data is restored to the destination MediaAgent from the primary copy directly; therefore, no auxiliary copy job is run.
- In the Copy Name list, select the storage policy copy associated to the destination MediaAgent.
- In the Schedule Daily At list, select the appropriate time schedule.
- Optional: To enforce restoring data from the destination MediaAgent to the destination filer even when there is no new data found on the source MediaAgent, select the Force Sync check box.
- To save the file system replication configuration changes and run the replication job, click Apply & Run.
To track the replication progress, click the appropriate replication name in the Storage Replication page.
Last modified: 1/15/2018 6:22:49 AM