Configuring an Inline Copy on a Storage Policy Copy
Configure an Inline copy to create additional copies of data at the time of backup. An auxiliary copy operation is not required to replicate the data from the primary copy to synchronous copy. An Inline copy utilizes the media drives efficiently and reduces the delay in the off-site storage of the data.
- The MediaAgent for an inline copy must be the same as the MediaAgent for the primary copy.
- The deduplication on an Inline copy is not supported if multiplexing is enabled on the primary copy.
- Inline copy is not supported for source-side deduplicated storage policy copies.
Synchronous Copy, Selective Copy, Parallel Copy, Deferred Copy, Spool Copy, and WORM Copy
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies | Storage Policies | <Storage_Policy>.
- Right-click the appropriate storage policy copy, and then click Properties.
- In the Copy Properties dialog box, click the Copy Policy tab, select the Enable Inline Copy check box under Copy Configuration, and then click OK.
Last modified: 11/7/2019 3:37:04 PM