Copying Alternate Full Backup Jobs to Two Different Selective Copies
If you created two selective copies with same advanced frequency criteria (daily/weekly/monthly), for example:
- Selective copy01 and copy02 was created on Jan 01 with following options on Copy Properties dialog box:
- In the Automatically select Full Backups at frequency list, Advanced.
- In the Advanced Options dialog box, Every 2 months.
- Under For each time period copy the section, Last Full backup option and Wait until the current period is over before selecting a backup for this time period option.
The above selective copy criteria copies last full back up on both the selective copies for every two months, that is the period for both copies starts from Jan 01 to Feb 28.
If you want full backup jobs to be copied to two different selective copies alternatively, for example:
- For copy01, you want to copy the last full backup job that ran between Jan 01 to Feb 28, Mar 01 to Apr 30, and so on.
- For copy02, you want to copy the last full backup job that ran between Feb 28 to Mar 31, Apr 01 to May 31, and so on.
- On the ribbon of the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Media Management.
- On the Media Management Configuration dialog box, click the Auxiliary Copy Configuration tab.
- In the Allow user to modify selective copy job selection period start time box, enter 1 to enable.
Re-open the CommCell Console to view the advanced frequency options on the selective copy properties.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies | Storage Policies | storage policy.
- Right-click selective copy (copy02) and then click Properties.
- On the Copy Properties dialog box, click the Selective Copy tab.
- Click Advanced.
- On the Advanced Options dialog box, select Move Job Selection Period Start Time by n Month(s) check box and then enter 1.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
When enabled and an Auxiliary Copy operation is run, the last full backup jobs between:
- Jan 01 to Feb 28, Mar 01 to Apr 30 and so on is copied to copy01
- Feb 28 to Mar 31, Apr 01 to May 31, and so on is copied to copy02
Last modified: 11/7/2019 2:44:48 PM