Creating a Secondary Silo Copy
Deprecated: The archive data for cold storage on tape using deduplication (Silo) feature is deprecated.
See End-of-Life, Deprecated and Extended Support - Features for comprehensive information on deprecated features.
You can use the secondary silo copy to make the additional copies of the deduplicated data. A secondary silo copy preserves the data deduplication in the silo storage.
Alternatively, you can create a secondary silo copy by using the sp_copycreation.xml configuration file. For more information, see Creating a Secondary Silo Copy.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage_policy.
- Right-click the silo copy and then click All Tasks > Create Secondary Silo Copy.
- In the Copy Properties dialog box, enter the appropriate information:
- In the Copy Name box, type the name for the copy.
- From the Library list, click the name of a tape library.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the name of a MediaAgent.
- From the Drive Pool list, select the name of the drive pool.
- From the Scratch Pool list, select the name of the default scratch.
- Click OK.
- In the Auxiliary Copy Schedule dialog box, click OK to accept the default schedule.
Alternatively, you can schedule another Auxiliary Copy job for later. For instructions, see Scheduling an Auxiliary Copy Operation.
The secondary silo copy appears under the storage policy node.
Last modified: 5/31/2019 4:05:11 PM