AWS Outposts Support
You can use Commvault to protect EC2 instances running in AWS Outposts.
Outposts is an on-premises deployment of AWS services, infrastructure, and operations that provides hybrid cloud capabilities.
To protect EC2 instances that run on AWS Outposts, add the instances as content for a VM group (VSA subclient) for an Amazon hypervisor (virtualization client).
The CommServe software and MediaAgents can be deployed on any of the following types of machines:
- On-premises servers
- EC2 instances running on a region in the AWS public cloud
- EC2 instances running on AWS Outposts
Deploy VSA access nodes (proxies) on EC2 instances running on a region in the AWS public cloud.
You can use Commvault to perform the following operations for EC2 instances that run in Outposts:
- Streaming backups of EC2 instances
- IntelliSnap backups of EC2 instances
- Backups of EC2 instances using an in-guest agent
- Restores of full instances from all supported backup types
- Restore a volume and attach the volume to a new EC2 instance
- Replicating snapshots
Last modified: 1/2/2020 9:34:46 PM