Setting a Licensing Limit for Tenants
You can limit the size of data that is backed up for the tenants in a client computer group by setting a limit at the client computer group level.
The size of data backed up by the client computer group is calculated once a day at midnight (CommServe time) or when the Commvault services are restarted. For information on how the size of the backed up data is calculated, see Capacity License - Capacity Calculation: Backup.
Before You Begin
Enable the licensing limit feature:
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- Under CommCell, click System.
- In the System dialog box, on the General tab, select the Enable license limits at Client Group check box.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computer Groups.
- Right-click the client_computer_group and then click Properties.
The Client Group dialog box appears.
- On the Advanced Settings tab, in the Quota Limit box, enter the limit in gigabytes for this client computer group.
- Click OK.
When the limit is exceeded, the administrator receives an email notification for the Client Groups Exceeding Assigned License Limits alert and the backup jobs are placed in a waiting state and are tagged with an error code and error description: Client group capacity limit is exceeded. To restart the backup jobs, increase the limit.
Last modified: 3/23/2020 8:53:21 PM