Enabling Application-Aware IntelliSnap Backups for Nutanix AHV
Because Nutanix does not expose host names for virtual machines, you must perform additional steps to enable application-aware backups for subclients that are configured to perform VSA IntelliSnap backups.
You must perform this configuration from the CommCell Console. After enabling application-aware IntelliSnap backups for Nutanix AHV, you can run backups and restores from the CommCell Console or from the Command Center.
For Nutanix AHV subclients that include VMs for application-aware backups, perform the following actions:
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > Nutanix AHV > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Properties.
- On the Backup Options tab, under Virtual Machine Backup Type, select Crash Consistent.
- Click OK.
- Run a backup for the subclient.
As part of the discovery phase, the backup operation creates VM clients under the Client Computers node in the CommCell Browser. You can kill the backup job after the discovery phase completes.
- For each VM client that was created for the subclient, edit the hostname to use the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) or IP address of the virtual machine.
- Verify that the CommServe system and the VSA proxy can reach the virtual machine using the FQDN or IP address, and that the VSA proxy can establish an ssh connection to the virtual machine.
- Edit the subclient properties. On the Backup Options tab, under Virtual Machine Backup Type, select Application Aware.
- Run another backup for the subclient.
The backup discovers VMs and applications that are eligible for application-aware backups, installs plugins as needed, and performs application-aware backups of the VMs.
Last modified: 7/1/2019 9:25:50 PM