Adding an Instance for the Oracle Agentless Pseudo-client
You can add additional Oracle agentless instances to run back up and recovery operations for additional Oracle databases.
Before You Begin
The database server information must already be configured. For more information, see Adding a Database Server.
- Access the Command Center by using the URL that was displayed on the installation completion page, or that you received from your backup administrator.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases > DB Instances.
The Instances page appears.
- On the Instances tab, from the View list next to Instances, select Oracle.
The Instances page for Oracle appears.
- Find the desired server in the Server column and select it.
The server information page appears.
- In the Agents section of the Overview tab, click Oracle.
- Click Add instance.
The Add Oracle instance dialog box appears.
- In the Oracle SID box, type the Oracle database name for which backup and restore operations are to be run.
- From the Plan list, select the plan.
- From the Proxies list, select the proxies. The proxies must be Linux proxy clients with the Unix Filesystem agent installed and reachable from the Oracle database.
- To add the instance, click Add.
The jobs that are run using the Oracle agentless plugin are associated with the default subclient of the database instance. Client-side deduplication is automatically enabled for these jobs. This reduces network traffic.
Note: You cannot view the properties of the default subclient by using the CommCell Console. Instead, use the Command Center.
What to Do Next
Run RMAN jobs to back up and restore Oracle databases. For more information, see Running Jobs from the RMAN Prompt Using the Oracle Agentless Plugin.
Last modified: 1/22/2020 6:46:52 PM