Adding a vCloud Hypervisor
Add a vCloud Director hypervisor to support data protection operations for all virtual machines hosted or managed by the vCloud Director deployment.
If you have multiple vCloud Director deployments, create a virtualization client for each deployment.
A vCloud Director deployment can include one or more vCenters.
Before You Begin
- Identify user credentials for a vCloud Director user with administrator privileges.
- Install the Virtual Server Agent on at least one machine to create a VSA proxy. The following operating systems are supported:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Editions
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Editions
- You can deploy a File Recovery Enabler for Linux (FREL) to serve as a Virtual Server Agent proxy for vCloud. See Linux Proxy Support for vCloud (Command Center).
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Hypervisors tab appears.
- Click Add hypervisor.
The Add hypervisor wizard opens.
- For Select vendor, select vCloud Director.
- For Hostname / IP address, type a fully qualified hostname or IP address for the hypervisor.
- For Hypervisor name, type a descriptive name for the hypervisor.
- For Username and Password, enter the user credentials to provide administrative access to the hypervisor.
- Select a previously deployed proxy from the Access node list.
- Click Next.
The second page of the wizard appears.
- Select one or more vCenters to include in the vCloud Director deployment.
After you select a vCenter, update the credentials for the vCenter. By default, the system uses the credentials you entered for the vCloud Director hypervisor.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 1/7/2020 7:45:21 PM