Backing Up Data from a Standby Server
You can back up the data from a standby server using the MySQL block-level backup operation.
You can perform the backup operation only on Linux servers.
Before You Begin
- Install the MySQL agent on the master server and the standby server.
For more information, see Deployment - MySQL Agent.
- Create a new MySQL instance and configure a subclient in the master server and the standby server.
For more information, see Managing Instances and Configuring a Subclient for MySQL Database Block-Level Backups Using IntelliSnap.
- Enable --log-slave-updates parameter on the standby server.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > Client > MySQL > Instance.
- Right-click the standby subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Select Full as the backup type.
- In the Job Initiation section, choose whether to run the backup job immediately or to schedule it.
- Click OK.
Note: If replication operation is running during a backup operation, replication is stopped before the snapshot is created. It is then started again automatically.
Last modified: 9/13/2019 5:51:43 AM