Configuring the Oracle Agent Software on the Amazon RDS Proxy Server Client
You can configure the Oracle software on the proxy client so that you can use the Oracle native database export utility to protect Amazon RDS databases.
Before You Begin
- If you use Oracle 12c, grant full control permission to the Oracle home user.
- Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- To prepare for the installation, review general guidelines, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation. For more information, see Prepare the Installation on UNIX.
- To prepare for the installation, review agent specific guidelines, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation. For more information, see
- Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment. For more information see, Installation Methods.
- Create an Oracle instance. For more information, see Manually Adding CommCell Instances for Oracle Databases.
- To the proxy client computer, add the sCV_JAVA_HOME additional setting as shown in the following table.
For instructions about adding additional settings from the CommCell Console, see Adding or Modifying Additional Settings from the CommCell Console.
What to Do Next
Make sure that the Oracle instance is mounted and in open mode.
Last modified: 8/26/2019 11:45:49 AM