Configuring a Network Gateway Topology for Amazon RDS Database Protection
Create a network gateway topology so that the network gateway server can communicate with the cloud.
This topology uses the following client groups:
- The client group that contains the CommServe computer and the MediaAgent.
- The group that contains the network gateway server.
- The group that contains the database clients.
- Create a network gateway topology for the clients groups with the following parameters:
- Topology Type: Network Gateway
- Servers: The client group that contains the CommServe computer and the MediaAgent.
- Infrastructure gateway: The client group that contains the network gateway server.
- Infrastructure machines: The client group that contains all the database clients.
For more information, see Setting Up Network Gateway Connections Using a Predefined Network Topology.
Note: The only package that you need to install on the network gateway server is the File System core package.
- Configure the network gateway server client to use port 443.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers, right-click the network gateway server client, and then click Properties.
- The Client Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Network.
- The Network Properties for Client dialog box appears.
- On the Network Route Configuration tab, on the Incoming Ports sub tab, select the Override default tunnel port check box, and then type 443.
- On the Options tab, select the This computer is in DMZ and will work as a Network Gateway check box.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
After you create the network topology, configure the remote cache for the network gateway server with the following properties.
For more information, see Setting Up a Remote Cache on a Client Computer.
Configure Remote Software Cache dialog box, Computer
The network gateway server.
Associate Client/Client Group to Remote Software Cache dialog box, Available Clients/Client Groups box
The client group that contains the CommServe computer, and the MediaAgent and the client group that contains the database clients.
Last modified: 5/8/2019 4:07:52 PM